JKSSB: Requisition of Posts / Vacancies received from Indenting Department as per the details given below:
- Name of the post: Panchayat Secretary
- Pay scale: Level-2 (19900 – 63200)
- Total no. of posts: 1395
- Qualification: Graduation
- Application Fee:
- Fee payable: Rs.500/-(Rupees Five Hundred only) for General Category etc and Rs.400/-(Rupees Four Hundred only) for SC,ST,PWD & EWS Categories.
- Selection Criteria: The selection for the post shall be made on the basis of merit obtained in written examination only.
Date of Commencement for submission of online applications:06-06-2022.
Last Date for submission of online applications:06-07-2022.
Total Number of Posts: 1395 No’s
The J&K Services Selection Board invites online application from eligible candidates for participation in the selection process for District Cadre posts shown in Annexure “A” to this Notification.
The detailed terms and conditions with regard to eligibility, educational qualification, domicile, reservation, etc are as follows:-
- Appointment of the candidates: – The Appointment and other service conditions in respect of the candidate selected through this selection process, shall be governed by the provisions of the Jammu & Kashmir Probationer (Condition of Services, Pay & Allowances) and Fixation of Tenure Rules, 2020, notified vide S.O 192 dated 17th of June 2020.
- The reservation under this Advertisement Notification shall be applicable in accordance with the provisions of the Jammu & Kashmir Reservation Rules notified vide SRO 294 dated 21-10-2005 read with SO 127 of 2020 dated 20.04.2020.
- Domicile: –The candidate should be a Domicile of the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir as defined in terms of the Notifications issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India vide S.O 1229 (E) dated 31-03-2020 and S.O 1245(E) dated 03-04-2020 read with Notification issued by the General Administration Department, Government of Jammu and Kashmir vide S.O 166 dated 18-05-2020.
- The candidate must possess Domicile Certificate issued by the Competent Authority on the format prescribed for the purpose, on or before the last date of submission of online application form.
- Vacancies: –The District Wise details of notified posts are given in Annexure “A” to this notification. However, the number of posts can undergo increase or decrease without any notice before the completion of selection process, if so communicated by the concerned Indenting Department.
- Age limit: – (as on 01-01-2022)
The requirement of age for Open Merit & Reserved Category candidates is as under:-
|S.No||Category||Age limit (in years)||Not born
|(vi)||EWS (Economically Weaker Section)||43||01-01-1979||01-01-2004|
|(vii)||PSP (Pahari Speaking People)||43||01-01-1979||01-01-2004|
|(ix)||Physically Challenged Person||42||01-01-1980||01-01-2004|
|(xi)||Government Service/ Contractual Employment||40||01-01-1982||01-01-2004|
Qualification Required: –
- As per Indent(s) received from the Indenting Department, the qualification prescribed for the posts advertised is shown in Annexure “A” to this Advertisement Notification.
- The candidates who are declared qualified by the Board for Document Verification will be required to produce relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificates, etc. for completion of Graduation Degree in original as proof of having acquired the prescribed educational qualification on or before the cutoff date fixed for filling online application form, failing which the candidature of such candidates shall be cancelled by the Board. The candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date e. 06-07-2022 and he/ she has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the educational qualification.
- Candidates may note that their candidature will remain provisional till the genuineness of their documents relating to educational qualification is verified by the Appointing Authority.
- In case of candidates claiming possession of equivalent educational qualification (where it is applicable/required), it shall be mandatory to produce relevant Equivalence Certificate or seek equivalence from the concerned competent authorities as and when required by the Board. However, final decision regarding selection of such candidates will be taken by the Board, in light of relevant rules which shall be binding.
- Any candidate having his/her qualification other than as prescribed, shall not be eligible for posts advertised in this notification.
- The degrees/ diplomas obtained through distance mode which are in consonance with the Govt. Order No. 252-HE of 2012 dated 05.2012 shall be entertained, subject to fulfilment of other terms and conditions.
- Reservation for Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes(ST), Economically Weaker Section(EWS), Persons with Disabilities (PwD), Pahari Speaking People(PSP), etc for the above posts, wherever applicable and admissible, would be as determined & communicated by the Indenting Department, in accordance with the provisions of SRO 294 dated 21-10-2005 and S.O 127 dated 20-04-2020.
- A candidate seeking his /her consideration under Reserved Categories must ensure that he/she possess a valid Category Certificate as on the Cut Off Date.
- Candidates may note that their candidature will remain provisional till the genuineness of the Reserved Category Certificate is verified by the Appointing Authority.
- Candidates are cautioned to note that in case a claim for reservation is made on the basis of false/fake/fraudulent certificate, he/she shall be debarred from the examination(s) conducted by the Board, in addition to any other action as may be deemed appropriate.
Horizontal Reservation (wherever applicable under rules):
- The Horizontal Reservation for Ex-Servicemen and Physically Handicapped persons to the extent of 6% and 4% respectively means the reservation which would cut across the vertical reservation and the persons selected shall have to be placed in the appropriate category by making necessary adjustments. In respect of Physically Handicapped persons, the reservation shall be available only for services, posts and type of disability identified for the purpose by the competent authority.
- The Horizontal Reservation to the extent of 6% of the available vacancies shall be provided to the Ex-Servicemen for the direct Recruitment post borne on subordinate service under the Government, which carry the pay of and up to the Level 6E (35900-113500).
- An Ex-Serviceman on joining any post after having availed Horizontal Reservation, cannot avail of the benefit of the reservation as Ex-Servicemen for any subsequent Employment.
- An Ex-Serviceman shall be required to produce a certificate in form-XIV duly signed by the competent authority as provided in the rule 18 of Jammu and Kashmir Reservation Rules, 2005.
- Relaxation of Standard: In case sufficient numbers of candidates belonging to the Ex-serviceman are not available on the basis of General standard to fill all the vacancies reserved for them, candidates belonging to the category of Ex-serviceman may be selected under the relaxed standard of selection to make up the deficiency in the reserved quota subject to the condition that such relaxation will not affect the level of performance by such candidates.
Permissible disabilities for PwD candidates:
- The disabilities identified/ permissible for the instant posts advertised through this notification, shall be notified separately in accordance with the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 and/or rules made thereunder, read with Government Order No.59-JK(SWD) of 2021 dated 15-04-2021,Govt.Order No.95-JK(SWD) of 2022 dated:-20-05-2022 or any other rule/order notified in this regard, by the Social Welfare Department before the completion of selection process.
- The posts may be declared as identified for additional disabilities as per the provisions of the “Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016” and rules/orders issued there under at any later date in consultation with the Indenting Department. Candidates with such disabilities for which the posts are declared as identified will also be eligible for final selection.
- Fee payable: Rs.500/-(Rupees Five Hundred only) for General Category etc. and Rs.400/-(Rupees Four Hundred only) for SC,ST,PWD & EWS Categories.
- Fee can be paid only online through Net Banking, Credit or Debit cards.
- Applications received without the prescribed fee shall not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection will be entertained. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection.
- All the disputes related to refund of excess payment, if any, are subject matter of the J&K Service Selection Board. Candidates are advised to apply for refund of excess payment, if any, through official E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org No chargeback request shall be entertained.
Centre of Examination:
- The J&K Services Selection Board shall notify the Venue /Centre(s) of examination separately. No representation/ request for change in this regard shall be entertained, whatsoever be the reason.
Scheme of Examination:
- The Examination will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only except for items mentioned otherwise in the relevant column of Annexure ‘A’ to this notification. The questions will be set in English only.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Tentative Answer Keys, in due course after the Examination, will be placed on the website of the Board (jkssb.nic.in). Any representation regarding Answer Keys received within the time limit fixed by the Board at the time of uploading of the Answer Keys, will be scrutinized and the decision of the Board in this regard will be final. No representation regarding Answer keys shall be entertained, afterwards.
- Marks scored by candidates in written test will be normalized if required, to determine final merit and cut-off marks.
- Syllabi for these posts shall be notified separately.
Admission to the Examination:
- The Board will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for the eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, candidature will be accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age, reserved category and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the post. Copies of supporting documents will be sought at the time of Document Verification. When scrutiny is undertaken, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated or correct, the candidature will be cancelled, Criminal Proceedings under law shall be initiated, or any other action as may be deemed appropriate by the Board, shall be taken.
- All candidates who register themselves in response to this Advertisement Notification, by the closing date and time and whose applications are found to be in order, and are provisionally accepted by the Board as per the terms and conditions of this Advertisement Notice, will be assigned Roll numbers and issued Admit Card/Roll No slip for appearing in the Written Examination.
- The Examination details will be uploaded on the official website of the Board i.e jkssb.nic.in. Examination detail/Roll Number slips will not be issued by post for any stage of examination. Therefore, candidates are advised to visit the official website of Board regularly for updates and information about the examination.
- Information about the Examination indicating the Time Table and City/ Centre of Examination for the candidates will be uploaded on the websites of the Board about two weeks before the date of examination. If any candidate does not find his/ her Roll Number on the website of the Board, one week before the date of examination, he/ she must immediately contact the concerned Divisional Office of the J&K Services Selection Board, with proof of having submitted his/ her application. Failure to do so will deprive him/ her of any claim for consideration.
- Candidate must submit his/ her online Application form, Email-ID and Mobile Number along with his/ her Name, Date of Birth and Name of the Examination, while addressing any communication to the Board. Communication from the candidate not furnishing these particulars shall not be entertained.
- Facility for download of Admit Cards will be available about one week before the Date of Examination on the official website of the Board i.e. jkssb.nic.in Candidate must bring printout of the Admit Card/Roll Number Card/Slip to the Examination Hall.
- In addition to the Roll Number Card/Slip, it is mandatory to carry at least two passport size recent colour photographs, Original valid Photo-ID proof such as:
- Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar,
- Voter’s ID Card,
- Driving License,
- PAN Card
- School/ College / University I-Card,
- Employer ID Card (Govt./ PSU/ Private), etc.
Provision of Compensatory Time and Assistance of Scribe for the Post:
- In case of persons with benchmark disabilities in the category of blindness(low vision) and cerebral palsy, the facility of scribe will be provided, if desired by the candidate.
- In case of remaining categories of persons with benchmark disabilities, the provision of scribe will be provided on production of a certificate to the effect that the person concerned has physical limitation to write, and scribe is essential to write examination on his/ her behalf, from a specialist doctor working in a Government Health Institution duly countersigned by the concerned Medical Superintendent in this regard.
- In case a candidate opts for his/ her own scribe, the qualification of the scribe should be one step below the minimum qualification as prescribed against each unique Advertisement Item No. (e.g- less than Graduation if the prescribed minimum qualification is Graduation for the candidate taking the examination). The candidates with benchmark disabilities opting for own scribe shall be required to submit details of the own scribe. In addition, the scribe has to produce a valid ID proof in original at the time of examination. A photocopy of the ID proof of the scribe signed by the candidate as well as the scribe will be submitted In case, subsequently it is found that the qualification of the scribe is not as declared by the candidate, then the candidate shall forfeit his/ her right to the post and claims relating thereto.
Document Verification (DV):
- The candidates who are shortlisted for Document Verification are required to appear for Document Verification along with the original documents as well as self-attested Photostat copy of each documents as per the Advertisement Notification. The candidate must be in possession of the prescribed academic qualification and other documents like Domicile certificate, Category certificate ,etc. on or before the last date of submission of online application form.
- Marks sheet(s)/Diploma/Degree(s) of the qualification prescribed for the post as per Advertisement Notification.
- Matric Diploma (D.O.B)
- Order/ letter in respect of equivalent Educational Qualifications claimed, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated, in respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification.
- Caste/ Category Certificate, if belongs to reserved categories.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Candidates have to bring two passport size recent colour photographs and one original Photo ID Proof while appearing for the Document Verification. Photo ID Proof can be:
- Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar,
- Voter’s ID Card,
- Driving License,
- PAN Card,
- School/College/University I Card,
- Employer ID Card (Govt./ PSU/ Private), etc.
- The candidates who are supposed to furnish various certificate issued by or before the prescribed cutoff date, shall be required to produce them at the time of Documents Verification or as may be sought by the Board; in case of failure, the Board shall take necessary decision which shall be final.
- Wherever a specific format has been prescribed for any certificate, in accordance with the relevant rules/orders, a candidate shall be supposed to furnish the said requisite documents in the prescribed format at the time of Documents Verification, otherwise his/her candidature shall be liable for cancellation /rejection.
- Candidates who wish to be considered against reserved vacancies or such age relaxation wherever applicable, must submit requisite certificate/documents from the Competent Authority in the prescribed format when such certificates are sought by the Board at the time of Document Verification, otherwise their claim will not be entertained & their candidature shall be considered under Open Merit Category.
- Candidates claiming to be Domicile of Jammu & Kashmir shall be asked to produce the Domicile Certificate in original issued by the competent authority up to the cut-off date, in the prescribed format at the time of Document Verification or as and when sought by the Board.
For Ex-Servicemen (ESM):
- Discharge Certificate, if discharged from the Armed Forces,
- No Objection Certificate, in case already employed in Government/ Government undertakings.
- Undertaking that the candidate has not availed benefit of Horizontal Reservation earlier
Misconduct /Malpractice: –
If any candidate is found indulging in any irregularity/ misconduct/ malpractice at any stage of selection process, such candidate shall be debarred from the examinations conducted by the Services Selection Board for such period as may be deemed appropriate, and apart from cancellation of candidature for the instant examination any other action as would be necessary & expedient, shall be taken.
Steps Taken for Fairness & Transparency in Examination Process: –
The Board, for the purposes of ensuring integrity, fairness and transparency in the Examination process shall be well within its rights & duties, to take steps as necessary or issue instructions as deemed appropriate, at any stage of selection process, and all such steps/instructions shall be deemed to have been taken/given in furtherance of its mandate, as enshrined in the relevant laws/rules/regulations.
(17)Board’s Decision Final: The decision of the Board in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, penalty for false information, mode of selection, conduct of examination(s), allotment of examination centres and preparation of merit list & Cadre/Department allocation, debarment for indulging in malpractices would be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry/ correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Important Instructions To Candidates:
|a.||Before applying, candidates are advised to go through the instructions given in the notice of examination very carefully.|
|b.||The candidate must write his name and date of birth strictly as recorded in the matriculation certificate.|
|c.||Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the online application portal on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.|
|d.||Candidates are advised to fill the application form carefully & diligently ,as no claims for making changes in any entry / field shall be entertained at any later stage.|
|e.||The Board will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for the eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, candidature will be accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age, etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the post(s). Copies of supporting documents will be sought at the time of Document Verification. When scrutiny is undertaken, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be cancelled and the Board’s decision shall be final and binding.|
|f.||Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for RBA / SC / ST/ OSC/ EWS/ PSP/ ALC/ IB must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility condition prescribed in this notice. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim.|
|g.||Candidates with disability one leg, one arm, hearing impairment, low vision only would be considered as Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and entitled to reservation for Persons with Disabilities for the post.|
|h.||When application is successfully submitted, it will be accepted ‘Provisionally’. Candidate should take printout of the application form and submit the same at the time of Documents Verification. The candidates are further advised NOT to submit the hard copies of the Online application form in the office of the Services Selection Board either in person or by post/email.|
|i.||Only one online application for the post of same item No. is allowed to be submitted by the candidate. Therefore, the candidates are advised to exercise due diligence at the time of filling their online Application Forms. In case, more than one application of a candidate is detected for the same item No., the Board will consider latest application. If a candidate submits multiple application forms for the same post and appears in the examination (at any stage) more than once for the post of the same item No., his/ her candidature will be cancelled and he/ she will be debarred from the examinations of the Board as per rules.|
|j.||Request for modification or change in the preferences once filled relating to Cadre and Departments, if applicable, shall not be entertained under any circumstances.|
|k.||The candidates must write their father’s name and mother’s name strictly as given in the Matriculation Certificate otherwise their candidature may be cancelled at the time of Document Verification or as and when it comes into the notice of the Board.|
|l.||Applications with blurred/ illegible Photograph/ Signature will be rejected summarily.|
|m.||Request for change/ correction in any particulars in the Application Form, once submitted, will not be entertained under any circumstances. Therefore, the applicants are advised to fill all the fields of the online application form with due diligence and after carefully reading the terms and conditions given in the advertisement notification.|
|n.||The candidates must carry two passport size recent colour photographs and a latest photo bearing identification proof such as Aadhaar Card/ printout of E-Aadhaar, Driving License, Voter Card, PAN Card, Identity Card issued by School/College/University/ Employer (Government or any other office, where the candidate may be working, etc) in original to the Examination Venue, failing which they will not be allowed to appear for the same. PwD candidates using the facility of scribe shall also be required to carry required Medical Certificate/ Undertaking/ Photocopy of the Scribe’s Photo ID Proof, as specified therein.|
|o.||In case of fake/ fabricated application/ registration by misusing any dignitaries name/ photo, such candidate(s)/ shall be held responsible for the same and liable for suitable legal action under cyber/ IT Act.|
|P.||For single stage examination posts:-|
|Fee payable: Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) for General Category etc. and Rs.400/-( Rupees Four Hundred only) for SC,ST,PwD & EWS Categories.|
Procedure for filling Online Application:
The necessary instructions regarding filling up of online applications are given herein below: –
- Candidates are required to apply online through JKSSB’s online Application Portal-https://ssbjk.org.in No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
- The Candidates who have not registered earlier on the portal are first required to go to the said Portal and register themselves by clicking on “Candidate Registration” link.
- Candidates are required to have a valid Email ID and Mobile Number for registering and creating login credentials. The same shall be validated using OTP (One Time Password) based verification.
- After creating login credential, candidates need to login with these credentials by clicking on “Candidate Login”. Candidate can update their information like mobile number, email id and password from time to time, but cannot change their First Name, Last Name and Gender.
- Once successful Login, the candidate can check under “Latest Openings” for all available advertisements and click on “Apply Now” against “Application Form for Appointment to the Post applied.”
- Candidate should carefully fill in all the information in various sections and click on “SAVE & CONTINUE”.
- The candidate is required to upload the images of recent photograph and signature.
- Size of the photograph (passport size) (Max size-1 MB) (Ht. X Wd. = 4.5 X 3.5 Cms.).
- Size of the signature (Max size-1 MB) (Ht. X Wd. = 4.5 X 3.5 Cms.).
- The candidate need to ensure that all the required fields are filled up with correct information. The system shall check that all required fields are filled up, before final submission of the application.
- Candidate shall be personally responsible for filling the details in the online application form and the information/details furnished by the candidate shall be treated as final for the purpose of determining the eligibility/claims of the candidates. No claim on account of non-filling of information shall be entertained subsequently.
- Candidates cannot edit their Application form after submission. However, candidate can cancel his/her application if wrongly filled, but the fee of such cancelled application will not be remitted. Candidate can then apply afresh and he/she will have to pay the fee again.
- Candidate’s Application will not be considered if fee is not paid for that application.
- Fees decided by JKSSB can be paid only by Net banking/Debit Card/Credit Card Options.
- After successful completion of the form, the candidate shall be shown “Pay Now” link for making the online application fee payment. Once fees is successfully submitted, Application ID shall be generated.
- The options will be available after clicking on Pay Now link. Candidate can pay using Net banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, as Online Payment options.
- Payment will not be accepted and will not be considered valid after cut-off date mentioned in Advertisement Notification, i.e 25-06-2022 (last date).
- Candidates should not submit a printout of the application / fee payment receipt to JKSSB till it is actually sought for some verification/clarification purpose.
- Please note that above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying. No other mode of application or incomplete steps would be accepted and such applications would be rejected.
- The application printout along with the fee payment receipt and required copies of documents should be kept ready for submission if shortlisted for subsequent stage of Selection as per the notified Criteria. Candidate can take printout of application submitted and fee payment receipt from “My Applications” link available in the Portal. Application printout can be taken by selecting Application ID/No and clicking on Download Application. Similarly, receipt printout can be taken by selecting Application ID/No and clicking on Download Receipt button available.
- Any person who finds difficulty in submission of application form due to technical issue or for any other reasons, shall be required to send a self- explanatory mail at email@example.com for seeking guidance, clarification, etc. No other mode of grievance submission in this context would be valid. Moreover, only the grievance pertaining to the active application will be replied through the mail.
In-service candidates shall submit print out of filled online application form along with duly filled, signed and stamped certificate given at last paragraph of the application form through proper channel viz., the concerned Head of Department (as defined in the JK Book of Financial Powers). In the event of failure of the candidate to route the application through proper channel, his / her eligibility shall be assessed as if he / she is not an in-service candidate. The Head of Department concerned shall forward the application form of the In-service candidates to the office of the Secretary, Services Selection Board by or before the date of scrutiny of documents/documents verification.
The candidate must produce the original Domicile Certificate/Qualification/ Category Certificates/Bonafide Certificates before the Committee constituted for such purpose by the Board. Any candidate at the time of documents verifications who fails to produce the relevant original documents/ testimonials on the scheduled date shall not be allowed to either participate in the Selection process or final selection, as the case may be.
No TA/DA will be paid for participation in the written test/ document verification.
Reservation for Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes(ST), Economically Weaker Section(EWS), Persons with Disabilities (PwD), Pahari Speaking People(PSP), etc. for all the above posts, wherever applicable and admissible, would be as determined & communicated by the respective Indenting Department, as per extant Rules/Orders.
The vacancies have been advertised by the J&K Service Selection Board as per the Indent(s) received from the concerned Departments. There can be increase or decrease in the number of posts/vacancies available for selection at any point of time before the completion of selection process, on the written request of Indenting Department. The Services Selection Board will not be responsible for withdrawal/alteration of vacancies by the Indenting Department(s), at any point of time.